The Prospect Shop Pty Ltd (ABN: 17 099 003 291) (TPS or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information is important to TPS
- TPS is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, TPS will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below.
Kinds of Personal Information that TPS Collects and Holds
- Personal information that may be requested includes:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- more detailed contact preferences, information regarding your professional interests and information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website. This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- your credit card details (where you purchase any products or services from us); and
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to TPS and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes).
How TPS Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- have provided personal information to legitimate third party sources including list owners, list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given consent for them to do so;
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates or information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms to us;
- contact us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other TPS or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in TPS being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries (where applicable).
- TPS is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of eighteen (18) years old. Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by TPS to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age eighteen (18) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Purposes for which TPS collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), content, services and products, to provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to the company of TPS (such as enquiries).
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To respond to customer enquiries and for complaint handling purposes.
- To improve Website and system administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
- To share personal information with TPS group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- To share personal information with third parties in order that they may provide you with direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with TPS group companies, TPS promotional partners and other trusted third parties including contractors (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas . The overseas locations where your personal information will be sent will depend upon the requirements of the third parties with whom we share personal information. Failure to provide personal information may result in TPS being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information or being unable to provide your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with TPS group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries which may include but are not limited to UK, USA, China and New Zealand. TPS group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by TPS to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your purchase TPS. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party.
Contact by TPS
- TPS group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), TPS promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-TPS companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, TPS may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a TPS user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular TPS user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from TPS, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Your right of access
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on the TPS database. Information may be reviewed by contacting TPS’ privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 02 9281 0299. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting TPS’ privacy officer via email: email@example.com or telephone: 02 9281 0299. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in TPS being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
- TPS will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including in USA, China, UK and NZ.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- In some cases, TPS may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including but not limited to recipients in USA, China, UK and NZ. The recipients employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by TPS. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. TPS will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
TPS and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. TPS is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
- We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by TPS or any of its affiliates. TPS is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Sale of the Company
Problems or queries
Address: The Prospect Shop Pty Ltd, 357 Riley Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Telephone: 02 9281 0299
Fax: 02 9281 0599
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from TPS to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get New List Announcements, Special Offers & Industry News direct to you!
- "Guide Dogs NSW/ACT has been working with The Prospect Shop for the supply of mailing lists for several years. They
be a significant strategic partner in the development and success of our donor acquisition program."
- - Alex Green, Fundraising & Business Development Manager
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT
- "Like most charities, Vision Australia is focused on appealing to a greater number of people around
the country to engage in and support its mission. With the help of the varied services of The
Prospect Shop weâ€™ve been able to do this over the last few years and hope to continue to into the
future. Their service goes beyond just the provision of â€˜mailing lists and dataâ€™ so we can maximise and improve our
acquisition campaigns each time."
- - Sally Shepherd, Direct Marketing Manager
- "Carlon Leong is a B2B Marcomms agency that relies on the accuracy of contact data
for the success of its campaigns. The Prospect Shop, by harnessing its first class
knowledge of all things data, provides us with contact solutions that enable the
efficient delivery of client messages to their targeted markets."
- - Bruce Leong, Client Services Director